Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Down and Out

I have a huge passion in my life...music...and a lot of people do.  It's an excellent way to express yourself.

I love, love, love to write, sing, and perform.  All though my roots are Blues/Rock, I found myself in early 2010 as the lead singer of a indie/punk band.  At first, I wasn't the perfect fit...I needed to let go...I needed to let down my extremely damaged and fragile walls.  As sensitive to change as I was, it finally happened one night at a "house show" in the middle of nowhere.  I found my voice.  Then, as quickly as it came, it went up in flames.........

I really feel as though we, as a band, had/have so much potential.  A lot of my depression stems from the damage my band endured this year.  Our drummer moved to another state and my mediocre bass player moved 2 hours away and was not willing to commit.  My guitarist and I are the two that remain.  The guitarist is a creative genius and is the producer as well.  So we still have our roots but pushing through the adversity as a lonely duo has been difficult. What sucks is that all of that potential is dishevelled right now.
So...since my blog won't let me upload a simple recording I made a little slide show for you guys because the stupid piece of crap "Blogger" would only take a video.
Oh, and I figured since I am always embarrassed and anxious that this would be therapeutic or some shit : )

"Down and Out"



No comments:

Post a Comment